Welcome to DTAA
- Amazing Social Fishing outings and Competitions,
- annual trip to Crossmolina, friendships and fun
- Fishing on the Liffey , Bohernabreena reservoir,
- Kings River and more
- Access to boats on Loughs Owel and Lene
- New Member orientation / onboarding
- ITFAA affiliation – many Irish caps over last 10 years
- ILFA collaboration – 2 DTAA members also in IFLA
- and youngest Captain Almha McDonnell is a long
- standing DTAA member
Pasker Cup, LM Byrne, Anna Livia, Elvery Cup, Ryder Cup, McCarron Cup: full results and write ups here: Competitions
Since being founded in 1929, DTAA has acquired rights for members to fish on some of the best trout fisheries around Dublin. These include Poulaphouca (Blessington Lakes), Bohernabreena reservoirs, several stretches of the Liffey, and the Kings River. Check our fisheries section for maps and access details.
Please check the membership link to find out how to join DTAA or contact our membership secretary directly: DTAAmembership (at) gmail.com. New members are most welcome. We have reduced rates for young adults (18-25) and juveniles (under 18) can join at no cost with an adult member. Young people are the future of DTAA and so we encourage you to consider joining DTAA and experiencing fly fishing (a healthy, enjoyable, exciting and sustainable pass-time).
The 2023 Juvenile and family outing took place in Southern County Fishing resort Carlow in July. A great day was had by all. Read about it here
We have an active calendar of social competitions each season fished on the Liffey, Bohernabreena, Poulaphouca, Lough Lene, Lough Owel and Lough Conn.
We provide orientation and support for new members